Peyote has been used ceremonially by the native peoples of the Americas as a spiritual medicine for close to 3,000 years.
Peyote and Other Psychoactive Cacti is a concise and readable guide to the art of cultivating peyote, San Pedro, and the numerous other entheogenic cacti. In light of the possible extinction of wild peyote, this book is a timely resource for those who feel a responsibility to preserve this sacred medicine. This revised underground classic describes:
- the various methods of using these cacti
- cultivating cacti from seed or cutting
- increasing the yield of mescaline and other alkaloids
- extracting and increasing the yield of mescaline and other mixed alkaloids
- the current legal status of these entheogenic cacti